No algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kinili

Aquarium Advice Regular
My tank has been up for about two to three months and I don't see any algae. I'm slightly concerned as I know it is a sign of a heathy tank. What could be wrong?

My tank has been up for about two to three months and I don't see any algae. I'm slightly concerned as I know it is a sign of a heathy tank. What could be wrong?

No necessarily ... if you think about it for a second ... algae can be the result of overfeeding, poor tank maintenance and excessive lights. I'm sure there are plenty of members who wished they didn't have any algae after 3 months ...:D

I do see your concern, ... but I say let the fish be the judge of a healthy tank.

That makes me feel better all the fish seem fine. My only concern is my Pleco I've been trying to feed him algae wafers but my other fish keep eating it before he gets anywhere close to it. Even when I drop it in with the lights off.

That makes me feel better all the fish seem fine. My only concern is my Pleco I've been trying to feed him algae wafers but my other fish keep eating it before he gets anywhere close to it. Even when I drop it in with the lights off.

Yeah ... fish can go nuts over algae wafers. Pleco's are more nocturnal ... have you tried feeding in the evenings ... maybe before going to bed? I figure most of the fish should be sleeping.

jcolon said:
Yeah ... fish can go nuts over algae wafers. Pleco's are more nocturnal ... have you tried feeding in the evenings ... maybe before going to bed? I figure most of the fish should be sleeping.

Yes I have. The other fish seem like they are sleeping but once the wafer is dropped in they go crazy and gobble it up! Little buggers!

I put two algae wafers in my tank. That way my corys don't swarm my plecos wafer. They get one and he gets one. I place them a little bit away from each other. See if that works

Just make sure to net out the scraps after an hour or so

tarpon said:
I put two algae wafers in my tank. That way my corys don't swarm my plecos wafer. They get one and he gets one. I place them a little bit away from each other. See if that works

Just make sure to net out the scraps after an hour or so

Ok thanks for that!! I will test that out. Sure hope it works I wouldn't want my Pleco to starve due to greedy tetras lol

Back
Top Bottom