No electricity... Omg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you have a battery operated fan? a little movement on the surface of the water makes a big difference with Oxygen in the water...maybe a straw from 7-11 or McDonalds to blow bubbles with?

nono on the battery powered fan!!! it can and probably will electrocute the fish! i understand where u r going but that buzzing noise is not the fish thanking you :p
what u need is a power pack for plugs, then plug the stone or filter in there. u can get them from DIY stores.

and the answer to the main Q is about 2 days if u have a healthy fish, 4-5 if ur fish is very hardy and u do 10% pwc twice a day. probably, but i have not been in this situation i just accidentally left the airstone off for 2 days when i went on a trip and the weakest died, the healthiest came close to.

They have battery powered air pumps in the fishing section of wal mart as well as sporting goods stores I'm sure. They're made for live bait buckets. Run it for a couple minutes every few hours to aid in oxygen exchange. I have 2 for the few and far between times the power goes out. I'd be worried about the tank getting cold. Is it a covered tank? If not, saran wrap the top to keep in as much heat as possible.

I don't think you'll be able to get an accurate estimate of how long your fish have without o2, it depends on several factors, stocking, tank size, planting, etc. If you get really worried just stir the tank with a stick periodically. As fastfly said, get a battery powered bait bucket aerator from walmart or a bait and tackle shop.

I had mine make it through 3 days after a hurricane. Fl life..

Back
Top Bottom