Nocturnal fish complaint

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wendy fm

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a Bristlenose Pleco that I’ve had for a month. He’s making me paranoid, I only see him sporadically and have never seen him eat, but he still appears to be healthy.
What do I need to be aware of health wise for Plecos?

Hello wen...

These fish are more active in the evening right after the tank lights go out. They prefer the shaded areas of the tank during the day. They forage around the bottom for leftover food and will eat most kinds of meat and plant material. I feed the standard algae wafers and freeze dried and frozen foods.

They're no different than most other fish, you need to keep the tank water clean with lots of large, frequent water changes. They're longer lived than most fish. If given pure water conditions, they'll live up to 15 years. Though 5 to to 7 is pretty normal.

B

Thank you , sounds like I’m on the right track. I’ve been putting algae wafers down at night. And also flakes and sinking pellets twice a day as I have a variety of fish. I have noticed that my Corey cat is getting quite plump so have stopped feeding the algae wafers twice a day, as he likes those and his pellets.[emoji5]

Back
Top Bottom