Non aggresive african cichlids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Multis are easily the most aggressive fish I own. While I do keep extremely peaceful fish, multis are like the chihuahuas of the fish world....scale them up to the size of some of the big boys and they'd be monsters. I would not call them low aggression by any means

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

But only 2 males in a 27 though???

I didn't say they weren't aggressive I said 2 males and 4 females in a 27 gallon wouldn't have much aggression.

But only 2 males in a 27 though???

I didn't say they weren't aggressive I said 2 males and 4 females in a 27 gallon wouldn't have much aggression.

If anything, I'd recommend 1 male and 4 females, just so there isn't any aggression between the two males. But I gotta agree with gecko on this one, multis are very aggressive. I'd recommend Julie's like someone said earlier.

Sent via echolocation

If anything, I'd recommend 1 male and 4 females, just so there isn't any aggression between the two males. But I gotta agree with gecko on this one, multis are very aggressive. I'd recommend Julie's like someone said earlier.

Sent via echolocation

Lmao I know they are aggressive I'm just saying with only 2 males in a 27 there wouldn't be much aggression in THAT tank.

My females fight just as bad as males. I know what you're trying to say, but the fact is that they are an aggressive species, and OP doesn't want aggression, so they wouldn't be a good match IME

I have to agree with the julidochromis just got a pair my self here's the female

Sent from my D6603 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1443639990651.jpg
    1443639990651.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 85
I have to agree with the julidochromis just got a pair my self here's the female

Gorgeous fish!

I want stuff like this.
Some white, some yellow, different body shapes.

Around 3 or 4 fish plus a pleco.

It will like very saltwater.

Do able?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

He googled he posted and it helped the guy out.whats wrong with that?

He googled he posted and it helped the guy out.whats wrong with that?

He tagged my comment on it, which is about fish from a lake with very little to do with Malawi, and the stocking requirements are night and day different. Plus nowhere did I state that o had aggression problems, just that these are of an aggressive nature

Birchardi are nice also

Here's mine

Attachments

• 1443661884183.jpg
    1443661884183.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 1443661899489.jpg
    1443661899489.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 83
Sorry didn't mean to tag I just did anyway, but he does bring up good points on how to deal with aggression

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom