non-fish animals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love my amano shrimp they are great I have about 20 in my 100 gal. tank they are very good at eating food that falls to the bottom and also algea on my drift wood and plants. There is always one carring around a bunch of eggs but they have to be in brachish or salt water I think for the eggs to hatch and survive. they are great to watch and my community fish don't even look at them.

How big is the biggest amano shrimp that you have? Does 20 seem like a lot or a good amount for your 100-gallong tank?

Fishb0ne: Sounds good to me! and thank you for the plant tips as well, those will definitely come in useful especially as i add more plants!

Thanks again!

dont mean to hijack but my big bamboo just molted... should i take the exoskeleton out or will they eat it for protein?

They won't eat it, they can't even if they wanted to. All they have are fans so they can't quite grab it :) I usually let mine in because the ghost shrimp always enjoyed munching on it. In a matter of very few days it'd be completely gone. You can take it out.

Sounds like you are leaning toward shrimp. I just wanted to mention/caution that I accidentally drowned a couple of dwarf frogs by adding them to a tank 18 inches deep. It was just too deep for them, and I didn't realize it until it was too late. If you are looking at frogs, make absolutely sure your tank is shallow enough for them.

Back
Top Bottom