Noob terminology question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zorcher

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Please forgive the novice question, but I am slightly confused by the term "planted tank." Does a planted tank mean you have one real plant, or is this term reserved for tanks which are mostly centered around the plants rather than the fish? I have a freshwater community tank with 5 live plants...do I have a planted tank?

Thanks in advance for the education :)

Please forgive the novice question, but I am slightly confused by the term "planted tank." Does a planted tank mean you have one real plant, or is this term reserved for tanks which are mostly centered around the plants rather than the fish? I have a freshwater community tank with 5 live plants...do I have a planted tank?

Thanks in advance for the education :)

it's a phrase that centers around the plants rather than the fish. It's how the plants and different methodologies in aquascaping compliment each other in order to create a scene or an idea of thought.

with that been said, it's a lot of plants with fish only to add movement to the water.

Back
Top Bottom