Nooby shark question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sharks

Here are a few articles on the ones you suggested. If you check out all three you`ll see they are for "expert only". Might want to get some more experience under your belt first. JMO
thanks!! i'll be sure to take a look and don't worry, i'm not planning this to happen for at least two years (hopefully two years full of experience):thanks:

that site says that 180 gallons is a good minimum for both of those sharks....or was i supposed to ignore that and look more at care?

Liveaquaria does have some great info in general on the site, but a few specifics are wrong/not well put. 180G would be a bare minimum for the sharks, hence the Minimum tank size, as in you should have bigger for them

There are exceptions to this, but liveaquaria's info is not always hard fact

ok...so i might be mistaken in saying this (but i REALLY hope i'm not) but would having a single horn shark (Heterodontus francisci) in a 200 gallon aquarium be all right? i'm a bit afraid to ask :nono:

And even though I do agree with you that not just LA but all others do have conflicting info I would believe LA before I would any of the others. I believe there info to be the best out there. Yes they dont have everything right but I believe they are pretty close. JMO.

thanks for that explanation! any idea if what i asked a bout a horn shark alone in a 200 gallon tank would work?

not a port jackson, a horn shark (Heterodontus francisci). i believe they stay smaller.:ermm:

i know that its also called a horn shark ,but it ISNT Heterodontus francisci. this shark is smaller and goes generally by the name horn shark, or sometimes calfiornia horn shark i think, sorry for being unclear. :(

Have you thought about looking on other sites like Monster Reef Keepers? They may have more of the information you are looking for.

the problem is that i'm not a member so i can't search, any suggestions?

i suppose, i'll see if i can find something first though, i dont want to join just to get this information....i think?

The more research you do the better. Just because you sign up doesn't mean you have to make any posts. I don't see any harm in signing up if you are able to find the information you need.

As great as this place is (love it here!) I don't think there are many that have the information you need.

The more research you do the better. Just because you sign up doesn't mean you have to make any posts. I don't see any harm in signing up if you are able to find the information you need.

As great as this place is (love it here!) I don't think there are many that have the information you need.
thanks for that! i suppose you're right, i think i will join!:D

Back
Top Bottom