Noooo, first fishy sickness. Need help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks! I dont think the root tabs would cause any problems but we have to take everything into account because your tank has healthy numbers. The only other possibilty would be the killis introduced something but what exactly im honestly not sure. Fin clamping is a non specific indication of stress/distress. Is there any chance the root tabs affected your ph or increased your nitrate levels? Are your fish still eating normally?

That they still have a good appetite is a great sign! Lets stick to keep their water perfect & watching them for now & hope they recover without incident.

Okay, so two dead rasboras... :( Down to 4, no one else in the tank seems affected.. Temp is at 82, gonna bump it up a little more tomorrow.

Have you noticed any fin rot at all? If so, you might want to research columnaris.

I suggest you google images for fin rot or for columnaris and see if any of what you can see there matches up with what you see on your own fish.

The ghost shrimp won't be harmed by the salt. Mine ended up breeding after I added salt. Any luck?

Back
Top Bottom