not enough tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xander

Aquarium Advice Freak
I stocked my 125 gallon with some green fire tetras and it doesn't look like enough. I put in around 25 and they don't usually school together. I am thinking about putting in more but I'm not a fan of overcrowding. I have a medium to large rhino pleco, 7 small corys, 2 small bristlenose, and a banjo cat along with the green fires. I am using am Eheim pro ll 2028. All the tetras are an inch or so. could I fit like 25 more? 50 more? 100? I can always add a sponge filter to help filter and move water. what do yall think.

I'm not familiar with the banjo cat-- but you can probably add more tetras as you're dealing with a 125gal.

Are your water parameters nicely stable? might want to make sure the tetras get absorbed into the bioload before adding more.

yeah I wouldn't add more than 20 at a time for stability and affordability. I am just wondering how many I could fit in comfort.

a lot of schooling fish wont school unless they are scared of something. i have 30 ember tetras in my tank all over the place tap on the glass and they get in a large group. if it was my tank i would look for a 2nd schooling fish to add to the color of the tank.

Throw a couple angels in there or a rainbow shark and they should shaol. You can add a lot more. I have 23 tetras in my 29 and they are doing great(I do have a 55 gallon filter on it)

The filter I have on it is an Eheim pro ll 2028. It's listed for up to 158 gallons. pump output 277 GPH and filter circulation at 198 GPH. Filter volume is at 1.9 gallons. I have some sponge filters I can add if this isn't enough. At some point I am going to add aome Uarus to this tank when they become available.

Back
Top Bottom