Not looking good.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shrimpandram

Aquarium Advice Activist
So two days ago I did my water change and like usual I turn my fan off to keep the reef smell in the tank. After the wc I forgot to turn the fan on which made the tank temp go up to 89ish (9 degree higher) for two days. Now it's back to 80. Do you think my hammer and Xenia is dead or should I wait? If injured, is there is anything I can do? IMG_2902.jpgIMG_2903.jpg

It'll come back most likely. I would try to work on keeping the temp in the tank lower if possible. I struggled with temp in my old system due to it getting hot in the house. It went over 100 in there and didn't know due to me being at work. The corals recovered with systems working properly.

It'll come back most likely. I would try to work on keeping the temp in the tank lower if possible. I struggled with temp in my old system due to it getting hot in the house. It went over 100 in there and didn't know due to me being at work. The corals recovered with systems working properly.

I really hope my corals come back and what temp is considered low? 75 ish?

Forever. You want to run your system on average at 75, but that is the range it can fluctuate at. One can function at 80, but it isn't the best and can cause issues if at length.

Forever. You want to run your system on average at 75, but that is the range it can fluctuate at. One can function at 80, but it isn't the best and can cause issues if at length.

I think they are dead :( I been watching them for everyday and none of them opened.

I wouldn't count them out just yet.. I've had a Duncan that looked dead for months. It's just not quite happy yet??

Back
Top Bottom