Not Many Shrimp Keepers Here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shrimpbako

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone,

It doesnt seem theres too many shrimp keeepers around.

Where are most of you guys from?

:D

shrimpfever

There is! Dwarf shrimp are pretty popular around here. We're from everywhere! ;)

I'm from California, East Bay Area.

If people have their location filled out it should show under their profile pic????
<---------------
<------------

So far, RCS, CRS SS grade, and Amano Shrimp I've had a Bamboo Shrimp in the past as well as Ghost Shrimp and CPOs

image-2709306293.jpg

wow, down to south america. Thats quite an influence so far.
andresdeo, what kinda of local shrimps do you have there ?
I have seen some nice south american shrimp with beautiful colors

Hey I see mostly everyone is keeping only RED CHERRY SHRIMPS (RCS)

is no one able to get CRS? CBS? or other Neocaridina Family shrimps?

Shrimpfever said:

Hey, I'm a shrimper, relatively new to actually keeping them. I'm from New York State. I've read.....too much.... about them, though.

I've got 2 RCS in a 5g that is heavily planted.

I can get others, I'm willing to ship off aquabid. I'm just not willing to spend a FORTUNE off aquabid yet, unless it's an amazing deal on a rarer shrimp than CRS/ CBS/RCS ect.

Some cardinal shrimp, 6-8 for $40? I'd drop 50 for them and shipping in a heartbeat lol.

Yeah our shrimp forums are new/tryout shrimpfever give them a bit of time and I think you'll see more people posting.

I have an RCS tank, im trying to get an RO/DI system for CRS and such. My next tank is going to be snowballs or blue pearls.

I'm a shrimp keeper, new to it, and I live in Texas. I would guess that people are only keeping RCS for the most part because they are very easy to keep and breed.

I am from Alberta, Canada. I keep RCS...they are my fish ever pet shrimp and I love them. I have about 6 in a ten gallon with guppy fry. They are pretty common here and easy to obtain...

Shrimpfever said:

AA has a lot of new to planted Aquariums and Shrimp people. I always advise to start with RCS, learn on them before getting more expensive, sensitive Shrimp like CRS/CBS or Rilli Shrimp.

I love my Crystals but my RCS are much easier ;)
Plus retail prices for even low grade Crystals is sometimes ridiculous. I buy from hobbyists. My club members breed Shrimp and two are importing Shrimp.

Coursair said:
AA has a lot of new to planted Aquariums and Shrimp people. I always advise to start with RCS, learn on them before getting more expensive, sensitive Shrimp like CRS/CBS or Rilli Shrimp.

I love my Crystals but my RCS are much easier ;)
Plus retail prices for even low grade Crystals is sometimes ridiculous. I buy from hobbyists. My club members breed Shrimp and two are importing Shrimp.

I've got a place that sells S+ or SS (can't remember which) for $3.49 each.

But yeah I am starting small. And I kind of want to breed a strong strain of cherry out of the weak stock I'm sure I'll receive.

I haven't really found quality rcs nearby. Would love to venture into different species, but can I do other small shrimp in the rcs tank or will they interbreed (not breeding them for sale purposes)?

No fish stores near me carry RCS on a regular basis. Just feeder ghosts.

I'd like to be able to breed them and sell culls to my LFS and good batches to fellow AA people.

Ive been looking for Rcs for 3 months and finally found some. Sadly I cleaned out the two lfs stocks. I also wanted crs but they were both out.

Wish there were more people in my area that were into inverts. Hopefully as everyone's intrests grow they'll become more available here in central Pennsylvania.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom