Not my day today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well you never know it could just be a wire thats touchign the reflector and the heat is causing it to smoke, i would still say open it up and look for a burnt spot.

and as far as i'm concerned nthe fans are not there to cool down the ballasts or bulbs its just another way to "lengthen" the life of the unit, they really do poop all other then help keep the water temp down. i'm an electrician and never once have i installed any MH or fluorescent fixture with a fan, just make sure no paper or wires are pressed up against any part that will heat up to burning temps or there is no dripping resin from the windings of the ballasts, if the resin is removed you could have a short and kill the ballast

that fixture is too large front to back for your tank.
PAR is photosynthetically active radiation. it's what the corals utilize to accomplish photosynthesis.
the only hydroponics fixtures on that site that will fit your tank is this-
Hydrofarm 6 Lamp 3K.65K Mix 4' T5 Fluorescent Grow Light - Plantlighting Hydroponics
or the tek 8 lamp fixture for 369.00
Tek Light 432W 65K/3K 40000 Lumens 4FT T5 Fluorescent Grow Light - Plantlighting Hydroponics
this one will hang over the front and back of the tank about an inch each way.
bear in mind that you will have to change out the lamps to quality marine lamps as well, so figure that in the price.
actually, you are going to want to do that on most marine fixtures too.

Maybe a dumb question, but what do you need ballast for? What is it?
Sorry, just have my dinky little 30g so I never worried about "the big stuff", but am planning on expanding somewhere in the (distant) future

them, meaning the fixtures i posted? i have used the hydrofarm fixtures. they work great. many have used TEk lights from sunlight supply. it's a good company that makes both aquatic and plant lighting.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom