Not Schooling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If there's no big fish in the tank they won't school. Schooling is a defensive measure. Why school when there is nothing that could eat them? If you add a big BUT still peaceful fish that should get them to school.

I have eight seprae tetras and they aren't schooling. Is there something I can do to get them to school?

Not really. Do you have any other fish in the tank with them? They school because they feel more secure but if they are alone they might feel safer. I don't know though i've never heard of anyone making fish school.

bruinsbro1997 said:
If there's no big fish in the tank they won't school. Schooling is a defensive measure. Why school when there is nothing that could eat them? If you add a big BUT still peaceful fish that should get them to school.

Really! Huh I had no idea. I'm planning on getting cockatoo cichlids, will they be big enough?

Oscarr19 said:
Not really. Do you have any other fish in the tank with them? They school because they feel more secure but if they are alone they might feel safer. I don't know though i've never heard of anyone making fish school.

I have 9 zebra danios.

Back
Top Bottom