Not sure I would call her a sick fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nikki_kaiser said:
I would do a small water change. You could add some amquel and the ammonia will come down but it does deplete some of the oxygen. When did you do a water change last?

At this point, with his current stock, ammonia and nitrate will be very high and it will eventually take a big water change about every 3 days to keep up. Then there is the space issues, and those tangs will not get along in a tiny tank like that.

Ya I'm sorry but I do think 12 fish in a 34 gallon tank is to much. I have heard of some people keeping a heavily stocked smaller sized tanks before but the upkeep is alot of work. I would suggest about 6-7 fish in a tank that size. Unfortunately in saltwater it's all about bioload and what the BB can handle. The aggression issues from the earlier posts I think might just stem from being over stocked. If you do wish to keep this many you might want to pay someone to do your water changes every two days.... Hahaha lol

Oh No!!!! That's why I got stuck by changing water by myself 20% for every 2 days now. Maybe that's the reason why they all still alive today.

I probably re-homes my tangs to my girlfriend new's tank.

It's just morning here in Thailand...when I looking at these threads, I look around the Sleeper Gold Face Goby had jumped out from the tank. My another big lost. He just too adorable by eating the sand all over the place.

What are your nitrites right now? Just keep doing the water changes for now. Unfortunately, her tank is going to probably take a while to cycle through. Gobys are jumpers. That's sad. I'm sorry! Just keep up what you are doing and it will eventually subside.

I found what I made mistaken last night. I did some water change and forgot to push back the lighting system back in place, so It made a big space for Goby to jumped out.

Been a hectic 2 weeks for me...but thank you everyone for the advice!

The mini cycle will be gone soon. It's a pain but most of us have had it happen at least once if not more. This hobby is an ongoing learning experience it seems with every new addition you make to your tank. I've had saltwater fish on and off for years and I'm still learning and I still make mistakes. It's a challenge at times but I love it and I have learned a lot just by reading on this site!

To Nikki,

Totally agreed, learning new thing everyday. But I enjoy to take care of it, even though I still have busy schedule on my business here in Phuket, Thailand.

My main tank that I had been discussed is getting better as I removed 5 livestocks out, 2 to my girlfriend's tank and 3 to my un-used tank. Hope it will getting better soon like you said. Will keep you all posted on situation.

nikki_kaiser said:
The mini cycle will be gone soon. It's a pain but most of us have had it happen at least once if not more. This hobby is an ongoing learning experience it seems with every new addition you make to your tank. I've had saltwater fish on and off for years and I'm still learning and I still make mistakes. It's a challenge at times but I love it and I have learned a lot just by reading on this site!

BTW,

Do you have a picture of your tank, Nikki? Or anyone else? Just want to see how my tank looks compare to others.

Very nice composition setup! Here's mine...but I think still over crowded after re-house 2.5 inches livestocks x 4.

Attachments

• image-1503265971.jpg
    image-1503265971.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 92
Im redoing my tank as we speak!!! I've got some base rock I'm putting in as well as additional live rock but not quite finished with QT on the live rock! I will post a pic when I get it sorted. I've been looking around for some really cool aquascape ideas. I need to stop moving stuff around! LOL!

It has been another week. How come my ammonia still at 0.2g/ L? Any comments? However, nothing is happen to all my livestocks. Want to know if the test kit really accurate...is there any other way to check?

It sounds like your test kit is off. If your ammonia levels are still up after the LFS tests it, look for a source...dead snails, crabs, etc. make sure you may not be missing something and do a water change.

I've never done this...so I'm NOT recommending it but I'm curious as to what others have to say about it just for reference. There are a number of products for saltwater tanks that contain nitrifying bacteria in them. I'm wondering if you added some, if this would help you. If there is no source of found (like something dead or decaying), your local store test shows ammonia levels ruling out your test kit, and you are not overstocked, then maybe adding something like this could help get your bacteria levels up. Like I said, I'm not recommending it but curious as to if it may of helped someone else in a similar situation.

Hi Niki & everyone,

My water parameter is getting much much better, but I don't know why it is a little yellow. Not sure it causes from high in Nitrate? Please advice on how to bring down Nitrate value and fix the yellow water issue.

My parameter:
pH: 8.2
KH: 7dKH
Ammonia: 0.1mg/ L
Nitrite: 0.5mg/ L
Nitrate: 100mg/ L
Calcium: 475ppm

BTW, when I got back from 4 days business trip, my purple firefish and Lipstick tang are also disappeared and couldn't find any left over, what is that suppose to mean? No sign of jump off and none in filter.

Ahhhh...sorry, on my cell and didn't read the whole thing! If your fish are missing its highly likely they are no longer living and your CUC did their job. That may be why your water is not clear. I would do some digging so you can make sure you don't have anything dead in your tank and do a water change.

Weird bcoz this morning at 3am I still saw them, but when I woke up at 9am....none of the 2 were there....the water is getting 5% yellow for 8-9 days now.

This morning, I dig up all of the sand and couldn't find any. The Naso tang is about 4" and firefish is 2.5"...there is no way for disappeared or dying without me finding. Ummm....

Back
Top Bottom