Not sure if this is good or bad...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ogden10

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have noticed an outcropping of these things showing up on liverock in a couple of spots. I found that I can suck them off with the turkey baster, but some of the spots are hard to get to. So I wanted to try and find out what they were and see if I should go to the trouble of moving rock to get to them. I am thinking aptasia, but I have no idea.

TIA

I can not get my pic reduced to be small enough to upload....How do I do it?

You can e-mail it to my username @aquariumadvice.com and I can alter it for you.

If you do a google image search for foraminiferan, you might just find what your looking for.

Cheers
Steve

Thanks Steve.....

I figured I would put the pics up for everyone else to see also.

Oh I forgot to post that Steve said they were Scypha sponges. He did not say if they were good or bad.....trying to find info about them now

ogden10 said:
He did not say if they were good or bad.....trying to find info about them now
They are not really bad or good for that matter, they just are. Typical filter feeder that requires no intervention on your part. Most will not survive long term as the tank matures and becomes less nutrient rich. Just enjoy them while you have them :wink:

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom