Not sure what this is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tooldini

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just started getting this dark maroon stuff on my rock. I assumed it was a slime algae but it seems very hard and won't just rub off with a metal object or anything. Seems too dark to be coraline. Any ideas?

thanks
Jeff

I have dark red coralline - if it's hard, I'll bet that is what it is. There is also a type of red mat algae that has a similar color, but it peels easily off of the rock.

Have you considered an emerald crab for the bubble algae?

Love those blennies! Mine hides in a hole in rock, too.

JG

I also have some of that dark red coralline. And my bicolor blenny also loves every nook and cranny in the rocks that he can fit in. :lol:

Thanks I don't mind it,, just didn't want no more slime algae. It just seemed very hard, I have an emerald crab I just got a couple weeks ago and he loves bubble algae LOL. Thanks for the help

Jeff

my emerald seems to eat everything in my tank except bubble algae. seems to really like hair algae which i didnt think they would eat.i think he is confused
:wink:

I loved my lawnmower blenny but he died :(, is bicolor blennies better?

Bicolors have lots of personality and mine, at least, will eat anything placed in the tank as well as graze all day on algae. Great little beasties.

JG

JG said:
Bicolors have lots of personality and mine, at least, will eat anything placed in the tank as well as graze all day on algae. Great little beasties.

JG

I really like my red blenny. He has loads of personality and pretty much does what you folks are explaining your bi-colour does.

Back
Top Bottom