Not timid now strange!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason7894561230

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay my little zerbra's are settleing down but i have run into a new problem now that i can get a good look at them i have realised they have whiskers and the dont eat in front of me! Also my Snails are eating my plant which is called an "Aluminiun" It has green leaves with some silver. And now my goldfish has stopped eating in front of me too. Help help.
Im such newbie and im quite afraid my tank is spoiled please help:(:eek2:

"Aluminum Plant" is a terrestrial plant, not meant to be under water & will slowly rot ... The snails are eating it because it is rotting .... <Some snails like canas will eat live plants, but decaying plants are much preferred ...>

I am not sure what you mean by the goldfish not eating in front of you .... are they in hiding? Zebra danios should not have whiskers, are you sure you have the right fish, or are they having stuff growing around their mouth - like mouth fungus (actually a bacteria infection - columnaris aka flexibacter)?

First thing to do is to check your tank parameters - ammonia, nitrites, nitrates. More info on your tank would be helpful, as is a pic of the danios.

Yes my goldfish i never see and my Zebras have nothing around their mouth but the whiskers, Ill describe them they have strips of blue with silver and one is fat and one is long and skinny!

Zebra danios DO have whiskers or barbels, like all danios do. They are very fine and hairlike, not thicker like a catfish.

Zebra danios DO have whiskers or barbels, like all danios do. They are very fine and hairlike, not thicker like a catfish.

I stand corrected then! I don't own Danios, but I never noticed any when I was at the lfs ... eyesight must be going!

Back
Top Bottom