Note to self check for fry before wc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cindy 64

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Did my water change today in my community tank & noticed in the middle of the water change some stuff was squiggling...it was fry! I managed to save 4. I don't know how many I missed but I sure feel bad.

it is so easy to miss them!!! I was transferring some plants into an empty pickle jar to see how they would do closer my window. and then a week or 2 later i just happened to look into the jar and I saw that 4 guppy fry were in there swimming around without a heater, filter, or having been fed. I hate to think of how many fry I might have accidentally sent to fish heaven prematurely.

I just found 2 more, so that's 6! I sure hope I find more, but not going to beat myself up anymore. Just make sure I check & learn my lesson ��. Thanks for your words. It helps.

I found 1 more! That makes 7! Those little guys are sure hard to spot even when you're looking for them. I think the sand on the bottom makes it even harder to see them. They blend right in!

Back
Top Bottom