'Nother Eel!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toirtis

God of primitive fishes
Well, at last night's aquarium society potluck I was awarded (for most points in our club mini-shows) with a $50 credit at an LFS. So today I ran right down there and bought 16oz of bloodworms, 8 oz of frozen daphnia....and a new fire eel (about 8" long).....he seems to be settling in nicely. Soon I will have as many eels as I do bichirs. :wink:

Hey Toirtis....

My favorite LFS just got in a shipment of 'Congo Spiny Eels'. They're African Mastacembelids that don't come from the Rift Lakes but I can't pin down the genus and species of these guys yet. Typical Spiny Eel shape and appearance but a very unique pattern of spots. I think I'm going to pick one up this weekend.

-Joe

Pictures! I need pictures! Waitaminute....not Aethiomastacembelus congicus perchance?

I always search LFS's peacock/tyretrack/fire/barred eel tanks for something else interesting that might have slipped in with the shipment, but nothing exciting yet.

I am now at:

3 fire eels
2 barred spiny eels
2 tyretrack/zig-zag eels
2 peacock eels

Could be Aethiomastacembelus congicus, though the Fishbase picture doesn't do it justice. I guess I'll just have to go back and buy one just to be sure. :D

-Joe

Back
Top Bottom