nuisance snails and dwarf gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishstah

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
When I got my aquarium, about six or seven weeks ago, I had a bunch of nuisance snails come with a plant. I worked hard to get rid of them, and had'nt seen any in about a month. Today I've seen a few little bitty ones. I guess some new ones have hatched out. I have a dwarf gourami. Do you think he will take care of my snail problem for me?

Dwarf gourami's I don't think eat snails, some of the common snail eater are clown loaches, puffers, or you could get a snail trap and trap them. I don't suggest getting the above fish for such a purpose. They grow BIG, and then what do you feed them when the snails are gone? You could chemically treat for them, I heard adding aquarium salt for them. Don't know if that works. I would try the trap and bait every night. Try dipping your plants before putting them in your tank.

I dip my plants in a 100% solution peroxide for 3 minutes. Then into clean water with dechlorantor and check for eggs. Then into the tank.

Back
Top Bottom