Nuvo 16 gallon 1 week cycled?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefreak34

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I just set up my 16 gallon nano. Its been cycling for about a week. Ive got about 8 lbs of live rock in there right now and 20lbs live sand. My parameters are as follows. Ammonia: 0ppm. Nitrite: 0ppm. Nitrate 5ppm. PH: 8.0 Salinity 1.024
I have a 56 gallon and that took a month to cycle, is it possible this is almost done? Maybe I didnt experience any die off from the live rock?
usyge5uq.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What are you using for ammonia source? Did the rock come out of your other tank?

No I bought it at my LfS, was out of tank for three or four hours. I was using that and the live sand as the ammonia source. Think i should add some ammonia and test it next day?

Yes. Add pure ammonia(not sure how much though) or raw shrimp. I doubt a tank would cycle that fast with rock being exposed to air for three hours. Plus you want to make sure you have enough BB to support live stock. May not have had enough die off from such little Liverock to build up bacteria or supply enough ammonia to maintain the bacteria.

Could cycle that fast if you pulled all of the rock from your other system such as from a sump.

I plan on getting more LR but figured I would just throw a few pieces in there for now. Ill put some ammonia in there and see how it goes and let you guys know. Thanks

And im getting diatoms. So I'm guessing that I am nearing the end of the cycle

Back
Top Bottom