Oceanic Sea Salt WOW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
can see what shiiping would be on 200 gallon buckets and let them go for $31.99 plus shipping. I aready have 20 of them coming and can always buy more!! Of course locals can always stop by and pick one up!!

Dang, If I had only waited 1 day, I could have saved 2 bux, and some shipping. Big als charged me 21 bux shipping. Everyone around here wants 75 bux plus tax for a bucket.

heh, I got a reply from oceanic....classic, just classic....here it is:

>Hi Lisa. As we have just started distributing our product, I am at a loss as to who >is or will be carrying our salt right now. I can suggest going to the store of your >choice, and if they don't have it tell them to order it for you so they can be >the "first ones on the block" to have the best salt money can buy....!!!

I guess their delivery trucks go to mystery destinations.....go figure

LOL They ship it to distributors.. When i called them they gave me about the same answer but provided me with the distributors phone # in my area that should have been able to tell me who took posession of the salt already.. Which they were able to when I called.. If you can get your distributors phone # in your area they should be able to tell you what store has it as well...

James

My local LFS is selling them for $39.99 for the 200 gallon bucket. Is this saly better than IO? I am about to buy a 200 gallon bucket of IO this weekend.

My local LFS is selling them for $39.99 for the 200 gallon bucket
Awesome Price
Is this saly better than IO?
IMO Table salt is better than IO but thats JMO...
I am about to buy a 200 gallon bucket of IO this weekend
If you are wondering about the salt I posted some Prelim test results of the Oceanic Salt.. If you want to see for yourself but a 5gal bag mix it up and test it after its been mixing for a bit and see for yourself.. IMO I would buy Oceanic Over any other salt at this point... I have tried Kent, Crystal Seas, Coralife, Red Sea, IO and some generic stuff my LFS has.. And I always say an issue with one or the Other.. I am very pleased just with the prelim test results of the Oceanic Salt.. It is very new still so not much is known about it as of yet but it is my salt of choice as of now.. I plan to buy a few more 200g buckets within the next few weeks to make sure I have enough on hand at all times..

HTH<
James

DISCLAMER: I know James was kidding but just so everyone knows.... James was kidding...

Please do NOT try to use table salt in your aquariums...

Ok. now we can all go back to our fishy lives....

Quote:

DISCLAMER: I know James was kidding but just so everyone knows.... James was kidding...

Please do NOT try to use table salt in your aquariums...

Ok. now we can all go back to our fishy lives....
Sorry about that.. I was hoping that everyone knew it was a joke.. I would never use Table Salt and Dont Recommend anyone else use it..

James

How many of you have actually recieved your free sample??? I sent off for mine 2 months ago and have not gotten it yet.

No free sample here either. I just decided to switch from IO to Tropic Marin, maybe I should have waited to try this salt? :roll:

Email them or call them about your free sample.. It seems as though they lost alot of ppls requests for the free samples..

HTH<
James

Ok well I had some water that sat and mixed for the last 24hrs and I tested it today.. The levels are still a bit high but not too bad.. I have done 2x 5gal water changes since I have gotten this salt and so far no ill effects... Here are the results

SG 35ppt
Temp 80f
pH 8.0
Alk 2.86
Mg 1560
Ca 550

HTH,
James

Well I just wanted to let everyone know that My Free Sample just arrived Via UPS today.. So far with this salt Everything is Great.. My tank levels tested at

35ppt
pH 8.2
temp 81
Ca 400
alk 2.63
Mg 1290
po4 0

I like it and It is now my permenant salt until someone gives me a real good reason to switch.. The above levels are in the tank values and I have not added any Additives to the water since using this salt nor have I dripped Kalk..

James

I just called Oceanic themselves and they were able to provide me with the #.. I am unaware if there is any website with the distros listed however on the Oceanic website there is a page where you can find a retailer in your area that carries their products..

here is their Phone #.. 214.320.6050 PHONE

Hth,
James

Just got my sample in the mail yesterday and cant wait to try it after reading this thread.Of course our local petco doesnt carry this brand but i did find it online at premimum aquatics.There must be a run on it already because they are already sold out of the 200 gal buckets.

I am wanting to switch to a different brand of salt as well as, IMO, Reef Crystals and IO totally sucks. I was in the my LFS the other day (I just found this one as I didn't know it existed. Soooo excited!!!) and Oceanic is about the only salt they carry. I will definitely be picking this stuff up when I run out of Reef Crystals.

Biggen,

What is the name of the store and where is it located?

Ive been researching the best and cheapest place to get the oceanic salt and what I have found is www.thatfishplace.com is the cheapest, $67.04 delivered, 200gal bucket.

Anybody else find a better price?

Back
Top Bottom