odd behaviour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fonze

Aquarium Advice Regular
One of my dwarf neon rainbow is just sitting at the top of the tank. He seems to be eating ok and his toilet is normal but he just sits there at the top. The other dwarf neon rainbow seems to nudge him to play but he just sits there. I realise these guys do well in groups I started with six but only have two left now, could this be the problem? Tank readings are Amonia 0 nitrites 0 nitrate 25 same as tap water. The tank is 125l juwel Rio all other fish are fine and dandy. Any thoughts would be appreciated cheers

greetings.

is there place he sits, a place with low water flow? i've got 2 white mountain minnows, one of which frequently sits in the top area of the aquarium where there is very little water flow, it could be because he doesn't have any pals. but i've only had 2 for months so it definitely isn't killing it. i am considering restocking so they can school again though.

generally i believe that when a fish places itself where there is the least flow, it is because it is weak and has to recover. looking at my aquarium book, the only behavior-sign of illness associated with staying at the top is "the fish spends more time than normal at the surface, and sometimes 'hangs' in unnatural angles"

does that description fit?

sincerely,
nereksnad.

Back
Top Bottom