Odd growth on Betta fin.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GlennJ

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Checked out the tank after getting home from work tonight and noticed a strange growth on my Betta's tail.Best way I can describe it would be a slightly soaked Hikari Betta Gold food pellet,but not reddish brown-just brown.Checked out the Mongobay website recommended in a sticky at the top of the forum which said that fungus will sometimes take on a brown color from algae but I don't think that's it since the time from him having no spot to what I am seeing now has only been about 12 hrs.He and all plants,gravel,and wood are the original occupants of the tank since setup 8 months ago-no new additions that might have introduced something.Water temp is kept at 78f and weekly pwc's have been the routine.This is the first tank I have had in about 15 years,but had many in my early teens to my thirties and never saw something like this.Sorry no pics but no digital camera.Anyone have any ideas?

Usually most unknown diseases and problems with fish can be cured by good clean water and quality food. Have you checked your water to see if there is any ammonia or nitrites in it?

Back
Top Bottom