Odd pleco help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A_beautifulplace

Aquarium Advice Newbie

What in the world is that?! Her stomach pulses a few repetitive times, then stops. She has also been pooping a clear substance. There are lot of plants and it is a 45 gallon. All other fish are great. Water parameters nominal!

Please help!!

That's and albino BN pleco, and they don't get prego, they get full of eggs, but I have never seen my gravid plecos eggs move like that, so I am really not sure what that is.....I think I might so some research. I have a lot of plecos, breeders and non of all ages, and have never seen anything like that before. I suppose it's possible that I have just never looked close enough and due to their rather see through underside you can just see the food, poop, organs etc moving, but I'm really not sure.

Albino bushy

I don't see much in the way of a bushy nose. So it could very well be a pregnant female.
Is she still eating? She seems to be hanging onto the tank wall just fine so she doesn't appear weakened by any illness.
My guess is you may get baby BN soon.
Either way watch her closely for any signs of change.

I don't see much in the way of a bushy nose. So it could very well be a pregnant female.
Is she still eating? She seems to be hanging onto the tank wall just fine so she doesn't appear weakened by any illness.
My guess is you may get baby BN soon.
Either way watch her closely for any signs of change.
To add to my own post.
Inside the egg the baby moves around, that could be what we are seeing. But it's still really weird looking.
As long as she's eating and active and her breathing remains normal, it can't be all that bad, just weird.

They are egg layers, as in , the female lays the eggs and the male fertilizes them. I don't think you'd see any movement from the eggs until they become fertilized.

I would try feeding some smashed sweet peas to make sure everything is coming out ok.

They are egg layers, as in , the female lays the eggs and the male fertilizes them. I don't think you'd see any movement from the eggs until they become fertilized.

I would try feeding some smashed sweet peas to make sure everything is coming out ok.

Yep. Def not babies. I agree that feeding her some peas might be a good idea. That way you at least know how things are coing out. Even if it is an internal parasite of some kind, that will usually affect the look of the poop.

Back
Top Bottom