Office 10 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jumbaaa

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok so about a month ago I started a new job and the office is pet friendly :lol: so I figured since i don't have a dog might as well bring in a small reef tank
At home I have
Spare live sand
dried live rock
Spare 10 gallon tank
I am thinking of making a small reef but looking for advice
What light would you recommend? (i have the 10 gallon stock light to get it started)
Also what would you recommend for the filter? It needs to be neat and no where i can hide a sump....

End goal some zoas and shrooms also thinking of maybe putting a mangrove shoot or two in the top fish TBD

You will likely need more than the stock light if you plan to go reef. How about the Aqua Illumination Nano?

You might be able to get away with just running a powerhead and lots of liverock, but you could also use a small HOB filter on the tank.

Do you have reef experience already? A 10 gallon reef will be somewhat of a challenge since water parameters are so important in a reef tank. Most folks would recommend larger if it is your first attempt at reefing. Granted, it can definitely be done, but it will require more meticulous planning and montoring.

This will be my second reef... My first is the process of being rebuild due to hurricane Sandy I have only one zoa that survived (two weeks without power... the battery backups only lasted like 6 days)

What HOB filter would people recommend

Back
Top Bottom