oh, bummer, 3 fish with 3 different problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

imrandome1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, as you may now i have 1 ill gourami with a strange red line, i left it to see what happens so far nothing, but now my angle has internal problems, white stringy poo, and now my clown loach has very red gills, im going to treat the tank with Pimafix for the angel, but what about the little clown loach, will pimafix and melafix help the red gills, its still eating and playing it just has a lot more little rest than it did, any ideas to help the clown loach..... :(

Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20
ammonia 0
water change last week 50%
introduced the 3 clown's and angel about 2-3 weeks ago.

I haven't heard of Pimafix being used for parasites. Its an anti-fungal so I don't see how it could help parasites.

I'd get something with Metronidazole in it for internal parasites. Jungle Labs parasite clear has metro in it, as does a med called Fish Zole. Prazipro doesn't contain metro, but it says it treats internal parasites. I'm not sure how safe it is for you loaches though. If you use either of these, I'd go with half the normal dose, just to be sure.

Jungle labs also makes medicated food for parasites. The one for internal parasites contains the Metronidazole.

I agree with Just20. You should use an antibitoic medication for parasites. Do you have a qt? I strongly recommend quarintine of any sick fish, especially a parasite issue.

Nope i dont dont have QT tank, and i cant get any of that med, im in the uk, the pimafix has written on it "treats internal infection"?? its the first med i can get in the uk for internal infections, the only other way is to get a vet out at a cost of £80 and getting them to look at the fish and then prescribe a med for it, its crazy but the the uk for you.

I agree you need a medication that treats for internal parasites which is what the poo is indicating. I would first do a water change before treating with meds. Pimafix will not help a fish with internal parasites. Now the problem with the clown loach is the medication you will need to treat the parasites can harm the loach. Can you get a new clean 5 gal rubbermaid bucket and airstone and heater to put the loach in while treating the main tank?

I dont think so, i can try and get one, and i will, but my parents always, rather wait and see if it makes a recovery than buying something kind of people....

Back
Top Bottom