oh come on!!! Sick Angel Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gibberwatt

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am going on a weeklong vacation to the beach today, and this morning, I noticed a ring of white around my angelfish's tail. Also, he won't eat, which he hasn't done since he nearly died of bullying, and is hiding in the corner. all my water parameters are fine, the tank is cycled, and he has been living in this tank for a month now.

however, there was a tetra in with him that had a a disease that was probably tb a week ago, and there was a bamboo and a anubis just added a few days ago.

Currently I have Melafix and QuICK Fix protozoan fixer in terms of meds. Is there anything in there that would fix this fish?:(

P.S. this is my favorite fish, so any idea would be welcome.

I change at least 10% every sunday, and don't do anything to my water, since it is well water and doesn't have any additives. I have the fishsitter dosing melafix daily while I am gone, since I haven't gotten any feedback, and am leaving in approximately 30 minutes.

Can you post a photo? Do you think it is ich? Identifying the disease will better help suggest some fixes. In the mean time, I'd do a larger water change, 50% or so, and continue water changes as often as possible... clean water goes a long way towards helping any disease.

Sorry, can't - am at the beach. I raised the temperature before I left (2 degrees) and am hoping that all my fish can hang on until I can get back.

Back
Top Bottom