Oh geez...I went to the pet store today....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dkpate

Aquarium Advice Addict
Soooo, I went and bought some more fish. I got one Betta (who is currently puffing up to his own reflection), 4 dwarf gouramis and 3 kuhli loaches. LOL! Wait till my husband gets home! I told him I was just going into town to kill time....:p

Hah, I just use cash my wife doesnt know about and make the excuse they musta had babies.

I did the same but I told my wife I was getting the car an oil change and I came back with 4 more black neons and 3 rams, oops :)
Oh and did get an oil change done. hehe

My wife actually picked out an OB Zebra at the pet store yesterday! I couldnt believe it! She's coming around. It was $20. That is the most I have ever paid for a fish.

My fiance has come around too... Used to make her mad, now she actually asks to go to the store and get fish... I guess giving her a 55g to do what she wanted really made a difference :)

well you guys let us in on the secret, I tried to get a jaguar cichlid for my 52 to wipe out my guppies but that didnt fly, instead I got 6 tiger barbs for my amazon tank. she'd rather get 25 bucks worth of fish then a 25 bucks fish.

Mines gonna be mad when I bring home a 1# bluegill to help thin the herd.

I know for one my wife does not understand the hobby or atleast doesnt admit to understanding it. I seriously wouldnt have a single tank again if it wasnt for her bringing them home just to yell at me when the money gets spent on setting them up and stocking them. She should just thank her stars that I am not a mechanic anymore, she would lose it of the cost of those tools and toys.

My husband came home last night and was like "When did you go fish crazy?" And then he looked at the fish and said they were pretty cool and started naming them lol! I have a HUGE phobia of fish in the water, I refuse to swim with them unless I can see everywhere, because I start hyperventilating lol. I will only swim in the lake here where I can see all the way to the bottom. I know, crazy lol! But I sure do like watching them in the tank! They make me laugh!

I go tubing during musky mating season when they are on bed, thats a rush.

I grew up in imperial beach,ca so I learned to swim with everything from gobies to stingrays and jellies, even shark at times. I just cannot stand plants where I swim, that makes me stay on shore and fish all day.

My ex and myself about 10 years ago had a 90g salt tank, she named all my fish italian mobster names, my dog face puffer was guido and my hawkfish was tony then there was vito and vinny the snowflake eels.

I did name my angels Ike and Tina, they fight just like the Turners did/do I could name em bobby and whitney but Ike and Tina are the creators or hollywood dometic violence.

Where in WA are you I got alot of family there.

Hahaha @ the names! I named my Betta "Diablo Rojo" cause he has an attitude problem and is a beautiful red. He likes to fight with his own reflection all day.
I live wayyyy up in E. Wash, 20 miles from Canada and about 30 from Idaho.

yea, so does my aunt and cousin. cousin lives on comano and aunt lives in oak harbor.

I only named one betta, it was a female cambodian, well my daughter named her after herself, the greedy girl died one day after getting her head stuck in the fry rocks. She did manage to kill 3 other females in a 55g in less then 2 hours.

WOW! Vicious females!!! I only have the one Betta, by himself. Oak Harbor and Camano are across the state from me, but my mother-in-law lives really close to Camano, in Tulailup/Marysville. BEAUTIFUL over there!

Yeah, cousin has to move into king co for his job.

Ok, east way i have everett thats about it.

you live in beautiful country, I am trying to talk my wife into a transfer either to post falls, id. lehi,wa. or billings,mt. I feel more in my environment there then I do in the city.

Post Falls is nice. I have some friends who live there and LOVE it. Close to Spokane too where you can go and buy more fish lol! The only reason I don't like Idaho is cause they have state tax, and we don't lol! But the cost of living is good there, but they also make less money usually. It's a right to work state like CA.
Tulailup is right across from Camano I believe.

My mom and sister just got back from there two weeks ago, took amtrak out from chicago.

ANY tax is better then our tax, just our county alone is like 10.5% in sales tax alone, almost 7% in food tax and the ciggarettes are over 7 bucks a pack some pushing 10 bucks, booze got taxed as well as "junk" food now. the constitution doesnt exist in mayor Daleys world.

Ive never been I work for Cabela's and am trying to get a transfer out of illinois. Ill even take reno and I despise gambling that isnt 50/50 LOL.

Ahhh I see, so you would transfer to the new Cabela's in PF. Cigarettes in Idaho are $42 a carton lol, here in WA they are about $8. We do have tax on things we buy, I think like 8%, but not on food. (I think that's right, but this is in WA) Not sure about alcohol since I never buy it lol, NASTY.

Back
Top Bottom