oh no! fry!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JPKeenan

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I went to do a water change on my 30g tank and as I was approaching the 50% hash mark I have on the tank I notice a particle swimming around!

One of my plateys must have had babies!

I only saw one and have no idea when she had it. I have a HOB, should I turn it off and put my sponge filter in the tank?

I am at a loss!

You can also try to filter media bags. They're nylon mesh made for using in aquariums. I always keep a few on hand because I'm running out of pantyhose! lol

eeek nothing laying around :(. guess next time I will be ready and try to keep an eye out. The bellies of the females go dark when they are preggers from what I have read. :(

Funny thing is I only saw one fry.

well if they had fry they will have more again. i they are not too stupid i dont have a cover on my inlets and i still seem to have countless number of livebearer fry. what makes it makes it.... what dont is free fish food.

well if they had fry they will have more again. i they are not too stupid i dont have a cover on my inlets and i still seem to have countless number of livebearer fry. what makes it makes it.... what dont is free fish food.

Evolution in action. The smarter ones find a way to hide/survive.

Hehe reading a bit I did learn to sex the fish now. Gonna make sure to keep a bunch of females for myself.

Back
Top Bottom