ok completely new to saltwater , haven't setup yet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicfishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok, i'm serious about plunging into saltwater, but in small steps, i'm gonna start with a 10 gallon and raise the cheapest hardiest fish possible, I might even do a 29 gallon, anywyas, can you guys give me some advice on what to get and some tips on keeping saltwater, no reef or corals just yet btw just fake ones lol thanks for any help

One thing I think everyone seems to be in agreement on is, the bigger the tank, the easier it is to maintain consistant water quality. It you are considering a 29 in the future, save yourself the $$, skip the 10 and go right for the 29.

Yeah, depending on your financial situation, spending more to get started will save you a massive headache in the days to come. I'm by no means implying that you will screw up or anything, its just tougher to maintain excellent water conditions in smaller aquariums.

Personally I wouldnt get a 10g SW tank. You can only have 2in of fish (one clown ). I have a 30g and I love its size. Im currently building a 150g tank and the 30g will become the sump with LR.

You will enjoy SW much more the larger the tank.

I agree. The start up cost btween a 10gal and a 29gal will not differ that much. Go for the biger tank. Just those extra few gallons will allow you to keep a couple more fish and some that are not possible in a 10gal tank.
can you guys give me some advice on what to get and some tips on keeping saltwater
Research, research, research!!!

Back
Top Bottom