OK need help very quickly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kevccoy

Aquarium Advice Regular
one of my breeding bristlenose males jumped out of his tank and was on the floor for god knows how long, my son woke me up at about 3am to let me know, he was barely moving and was dried out pretty good, now this was a week ago, now he has a white fuzz growing on his sores, is there something I can do to save him, is he a goner? what about the rest of fish in tank are they in danger?

img_1226292_0_9dfab56c57c6c870ddd4b666a667fe25.jpg

img_1226292_1_6773cf20686e65285dc6941cdd74274a.jpg

I would do lots and lots of water changes... 50% twice or 3 times a day. You may also want to throw some pimafix and melafix in there every night after your last water change for the day.

I'm purely guessing, as I know absolutely nothing about this, but it could be something to do with the slimecoat drying out and possibly either growing back or some sort of infection? IDK, but clean water definitely will help if anything will

I have been doing water changes, do you think the meds are necessary? I hate to do meds if i don't have to.

I will not use meds in my tanks... but I don't consider pimafix or melafix to be meds... they're all natural and extracted from leaves of something. They kind of smell peppermintish to me. Some african breeders that I know use melafix with every water change. I don't, but that's just me. I think they would most likely help your out.

here is a closer better pic, he was 100% healthy before the jump, and like i said, he was 90% dried out when I picked him up, I am very surprised he is even alive

img_1226598_0_5ba6bba6880e8f9147bd63e1bafd1738.jpg

I like the stress coat... it just helps repair slime coat and increase electrolytes. I put it in once a week and my fish are fine.

Back
Top Bottom