Ok to add tomini and yellow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Antec

Aquarium Advice Freak
Will it be ok to add a tomini and a yellow tang to my 90g? In the sense of will they fight with eachother? Would I have to introduce them at the same time?

Antec said:
Will it be ok to add a tomini and a yellow tang to my 90g? In the sense of will they fight with eachother? Would I have to introduce them at the same time?

2 tangs in a 90g tank is likely to result in problems so I do not suggest it.

Any other ideas for some "swimmers" to go with a tomini? I already have a pair of clowns

What kind? and how many is a school?

How about a tomini and a kole?

If you do decide to add both even in a bigger tank then yes add both at the same time. They will scrap for a while but turn the lights off for several hours and then they should be OK.

Will they be fine in a 90g though? Sorry if you already answered that in your post, didn't understand the "even in a bigger tank" part

I would say yes if you have enough filtration and they like eachother.. Lol. If you don't want 2 tangs go for a dwarf angel.

I know I`ll be jumped by the Tang police but I personally think that those two will be OK in a 90. Yes a 6 ft tank will be better but that goes for all fish. I do believe that the bristle tooth species and the yellow tang are the only tangs that would do OK in that size tank.

Last edited:
And just to make sure, introduce them at the same time, correct? Should I get one bigger than the other?

I know I`ll be jumped by the Tang police but I personally think that those two will be OK in a 90. Yes a 6 ft tank will be better but that goes for all fish.

I agree totally. Also you are more likley to have a problem with the tomini and kole together since they are the same species. Personally my choice would be the Yellow eye Kole over the Tomini much nicer IMO. The Kole is a often overlooked beauty. The yellow will be just fine.

So the two u guys are talking about is the tomini and yellow? Or the kole and yellow? If u guys the the yellow and tomini will be fine, that's what I wanna do

There are also other Tangs that are like Koles and Tominis and are okay in smaller tanks (just in case people want more than two choices). Blue Eye/ Two Spot, White Tail, etc...

So the two u guys are talking about is the tomini and yellow? Or the kole and yellow? If u guys the the yellow and tomini will be fine, that's what I wanna do

Either or. IMO you will be fine with the Yellow Tang and any Tang from the Ctenochaetus species.

I just think the Kole is a nice fish then the Tomini

Yea I'm open to more, I just didn't know of any others. Any more you know of? Or a link to a page with smaller tangs?

Back
Top Bottom