Okay Betta Set-Up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I fixed the plants. :) Do you know if the sword plant, or something else tall, would work?

And I did do a 50% water change tonight and don't have a problem continuing to do them. I accepted I'd have to devote time every night to it :p

Mokapi said:
I fixed the plants. :) Do you know if the sword plant, or something else tall, would work?

And I did do a 50% water change tonight and don't have a problem continuing to do them. I accepted I'd have to devote time every night to it :p

Try the plantgreek website. You can look up plants in categories like low light, high light etc.

Swords wont do well in low light IME.
I bought an anubias that was pretty tall out of a display tank. Maybe 6 inches

Earliest I can get a API kit is Wednesday :( Pet Supplies Plus sells them for 6$ cheaper then we do (and I have a 1$ off coupon...every dollar counts!), and I was all set to buy one today but I realized their only in-stock kit was missing the vials. So...Wednesday.

I DID buy a thermometer, though- a glass one- and it's reading 78 degrees. Would you guys recommend I buy a new heater? >.>

Mokapi said:
Earliest I can get a API kit is Wednesday :( Pet Supplies Plus sells them for 6$ cheaper then we do (and I have a 1$ off coupon...every dollar counts!), and I was all set to buy one today but I realized their only in-stock kit was missing the vials. So...Wednesday.

I DID buy a thermometer, though- a glass one- and it's reading 78 degrees. Would you guys recommend I buy a new heater? >.>

78 is fine 80 is perfect but I wouldn't worry too much 2 degrees is nothing. Now if it drops dramatically over night, then I would get a stronger heater. Wednesday will be fine to get the kit. As you already know, keep the large daily PWC up.

Okay, I did an "experiment"- if I leave the filter off, the water temperature kicks up to 80. Figures, LOL. I just turned it back off and I'm waiting to see if it drops.

That's what I read! :) I'm getting a bunch of anacharis tomorrow and I might just let it float. I can't find hornwort in stores though.

Can there be too many plants? I kind of want to get a second, smaller moss ball, on top of the anacharis and possibly a second Anubias that's taller. If I can find a tall java fern, I'll pick that up instead. The plantgeek site said that Anubias nana is a foreground plant, so I moved mine from its spot in the back...it actually does look better in the front. I still want something to hide the heater.

This morning the water is cloudy- never has been before- and I think the temperature dropped to 77. Maybe 76.

Mokapi said:
This morning the water is cloudy- never has been before- and I think the temperature dropped to 77. Maybe 76.

Might be a good idea to buy a better heater. The cloudiness is probably a bacteria bloom. Common in a cycling tank. Not too much you can do about it. It will go away on it's own eventually.

Back
Top Bottom