Okay, got my GH KH water test kit.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shadylady23

Aquarium Advice Activist
I figured I would post a new thread since the other one was so long. I'm not sure when counting the drops if I stop when it changes to a "hue" of green or yellow (depending upon gh or kh) or if I keep going until its a bright color?

I just tried this out, I stopped when the it changed to either a green or yellow hue. I hope that was correct, but if not I'm happy to test again..

I came up with 3 drops for each kh and gh. If this is correct I think I'm low as suspected as my ph gradually drops within a day or two. It does raise up about .2 when I do water changes though.

So maybe someone can chime in if this seems right. My ph the other day dropped from 7.2 to 7.0 in a 24 hour period. That's what prompted me to go out and get this test. My water comes out at 7.8. So it's swingin'. I'll be online researching as well. Thanks for the info my friends!

I'm sorry. It's the API test kit. The directions just say when it changes color, but it doesn't specify how much color and this is a bit confusing. I googled it and seemed to find my answer. I guess you stop right when the hue changes yellow/or green depending upon which test. Not waiting until a bright color.

Back
Top Bottom