Okay, I'm finally convinced--Otos RULE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bosk1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well, the brown algae was really getting on my nerves, so I tried what I had read here many times, and got a small group of 3 tiny otos. Within about a week, my tank looks SO much cleaner. These little guys are amazing!

otos

Yup, and they are cute lil algae buzzsaws, too!! You can always spot a happy oto. His belly looks like he swallowed a pea ........... and he is constantly 'fertilizing' the plants. :D Good luck with them and I bet those 3 wont be your last!

I'm jealous. I've tried keeping otos before and I've never ever been able to keep them alive. The ones I had cleaned my tankd thoroughly, then died after about a week.

I love my oto too! They are adorable. I had two, one died within the first 48 hours but so far the other one seems to be doing well, but I've only had him for about a month. I will definitely try another soon though. They're too cute.

i just got a group of 4 for my 28 gal to clean the brown off my swords. they are very cute and school with my rummy-nose tetra!

I like my otos, too, they have funny personalities. They used to be a lot more active but now just hang out in the amazon sword or on the glass at that end of the tank. They still go crazy for the zucchini, though!

JDogg said:
i just got a group of 4 for my 28 gal to clean the brown off my swords. they are very cute and school with my rummy-nose tetra!

So does mine. At first I thought they were picking on him and chasing him, but it actually seems they're just taking the odd swim with him.

Back
Top Bottom