Okay, so I ended up getting this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blue71

Aquarium Advice Activist
I ended up getting that 70g reef ready acrylic tank, I posted about earlier, It was a deal I could not refuse, $100, for it includign the tank, stand, canopy, top, and other misc stuff, the tank has some minor damage, and some small scratches, so I need some advice on plumbing, (no idea how), and scratch removal, it is acrylic, and I know there are scratch kits, But i was wondering if anyone has any home remidies for scratches? I ordered the bulk heads, they should be here tuesday, but after that I am so confused. Help is very much appreciated. Thanks

Yeah but i got a quote on repair, only $23 at a local acrylic shop

I've heard that scratches on acrylic are harder to remove than ones on glass, not sure why though. Maybe try a local fish store and see if they know anything, it might not be a DIY kinda thing. Or try a glass store?
Good luck and looking forward to pics!!

if your local acrylic shop qouted you to fix the support, im sure they are more than capable of buffing out the scratches if they can be buffed

Tank is cycled, up and running with a couple fish now. No filter for a few more hours though because my stupid rabbit chewed the cord and shorted it out, so I have to buy a new one.

I will take some tonight, power is off because of my idiot rabbit

and for the moment we have all been waiting for...
img_1059627_0_b6d1314e2bde419f611fe8190154b713.jpg

img_1059627_1_94eb001ab917a1200e1d868006a0a217.jpg

I apoligize for the cruddy pics, the cameras dead so I used my phone.

I have more its in my 55g with the rest of the fishes, that tanks gonna be shut down

the tank is acrylic, I still have yet to get a scraper for acrylic as I have only dealt with glass in the past

I love the way I have the tank, its right at the end of my bed so I can watch it while I fall a sleep, very soothing. Hehehe...

Acrylic scratches are very simplistic once you understand the technique. As a matter of fact, you do not even have to remove fish, corals, or rock structures unless access is a problem. I have professionally used and recommend EverClear Transparency Refurbishing company: ETR Home | Everclear Transparency Refurbishing. You can purchase kits, which I believe contain instructions, but are available online as well. Basically, it's all in the grit steps.

Back
Top Bottom