Old Newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sorg67

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I kept fish in high school. Restarted in October of last year. I have five tanks at the moment. Colonies of feeder guppies, some Cory cats and a Betta tank. All are planted and all have thriving colonies of pest snails.

I am not so into exotic looking fish. I like understanding ecosystems. I am fascinated with the cycling process and finding healthy balances for my tanks.

I have a slowly growing population of Assassin snails and I am hoping to achieve a balance between my Assassins and pest snails.

I am learning about keeping fish, snails and plants with easy to care for species. Perhaps I will expand to more sensitive species as my skills and knowledge develop.

I like spirited but respectful discussions of conflicting perspectives.

I found this site as a result of a google search for ammonia toxicity. There is a very interesting and informative thread on this site from 2011 on the subject.

Hello Sorg...

Welcome. I'm with you on a lot of your interests. I keep a lot of tanks from 20 to 300 gallons and am always looking for simpler ways of tank keeping. I'm old school and keep my tanks the old fashioned way. I don't go in for a lot of gizmos and chemicals. Hope we have some good discussions.

B

Back
Top Bottom