Omega one cichild pellets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tali931

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys.. I was wondering if anyone has any feedback or info on feeding omega one cichild sinking pellets to peacocks. Also any input on any other good nutritional pellets or flakes? Thanks:)

I like Omega One. Also New Life Spectrum is a really good food. Recently I've started using Cobalt or different foods with probiotics.

Feed pellets to bigger fish, flakes aren't a good source. I feed new life spectrum to all my fish. It's the best food ingrident wish, cobalt and omega are the second best IMO

That was one of my first foods. I really liked it, so did the fish. But id get some new life spectrum (NLS) best food by far!

Thanks for the reply, I will try the new spectrum food as my fish don't seem to be fond of the omega one too much. Seems as it stays hard for too long they get bored and then they seem to spit most of it out.. Thanks again:)

I was using the Omega one super-color Cichlid pellets and they gobbled them up. This was years ago though. They didn't know any better. I bet if I tried it now they wouldn't touch it because what I feed now is do much better.

Just came back from a pet store and unfortunately they didn't carry the new life spectrum food there. Will check out couple other stores in the next few days to see if they carry it. Thanks again

Just came back from a pet store and unfortunately they didn't carry the new life spectrum food there. Will check out couple other stores in the next few days to see if they carry it. Thanks again

The only place I have seen it is in my speciality fish store. Never seen it in any chain or big box stores. You can order it online, and I'd say it's worth it.

I'm in canada.. We don't have petco.. I tried petsmart with no luck but there is about 5 little local pet stores in my are hoping one of them will have some.. Will call around

Ah yea only petsmart in Canada (Used to work there) You can always look online. Usually big quantities are sold for good deals online. Check ebay and aquabid if nothing else

We also have pet cetera but I refuse to shop there .. One of my local small shops carries the new life spectrum tho.. Gonna go pick some up tonight..hopefully my peacocks like it better. Guess that food is also ok to feed my yellow labs? They don't seem to mind the omega one pellets but I figured if it's also ok for them why buy two separate foods?

Yep it's good for all, whole krill and hearing are the main ingredients were other foods have fish "meal". Nls is the best food on the market.

I wouldn't go as far and say it's the best on the market but it's definitely right up there. It all depends on your fish. They are good because they use Whole fish versus fish meal which is the bones and scales that ground up after all the "eatable" stuff is removed for human consumption. After using food with probiotics though, and the results, until NLS puts them in their food, I'll stick with my Cobalt/Omega mix very heavy on the Cobalt.

I wouldn't go as far and say it's the best on the market but it's definitely right up there. It all depends on your fish. They are good because they use Whole fish versus fish meal which is the bones and scales that ground up after all the "eatable" stuff is removed for human consumption. After using food with probiotics though, and the results, until NLS puts them in their food, I'll stick with my Cobalt/Omega mix very heavy on the Cobalt.

Where are you getting this? My LFS sells probiotic live worms, which I have seen clear results with, but it's not the best diet. I would love to find a probiotic spirulina/plankton flakes or something if that exists ?

Probiotics doesn't make cobalt the best on the market. It effects can not be quantified unless experiments have been done on it. We are talking cichlids (I will even say cichlids of all types, New world and Old world) NLS is the best from an ingredient basis compared to all foods on the market that are well known.

Probiotics doesn't make cobalt the best on the market. It effects can not be quantified unless experiments have been done on it. We are talking cichlids (I will even say cichlids of all types, New world and Old world) NLS is the best from an ingredient basis compared to all foods on the market that are well known.

Really the secret to any diet for any animal is variety, balance, and moderation. NLS has a great balance. And is a variety of nutrients. I am extremely curious about a probiotic dry food because I have seen a noticeable difference with the probiotic worms. In growth, color, activity. So as someone who primarily uses NLS, and can discern the probiotics as something special, it's definitely worth looking into, I think.

Could be, I'd like to take probiotic food, then take out only the probitoic ingredients and see if a difference is noticed. That would be the only way to tell. On a what we can tell basis (Ingredients and nutrients) NLS is the best. If they made a probiotic I would try it out. Definitely something that should be explored more. Until then NLS is 1, Omega and Cobalt tie for 2, kens food and hikari are runner ups.

From what I understand it's a pretty new thing, so I would be nervous as a primary source of food. At the end of the day NLS is what I trust the most. I agree with you there. (Plus the probiotic live worms are pretty pricey as far as fish food goes, $20 of NLS last me months, $20 of worms last a week, maybe two. And is hard to keep)

Back
Top Bottom