OMG!!! Baby Corys!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ac30fan

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, I'm not a fish breeder so this is totally unexpected!

As best as I can tell, I have 5 or perhaps six tiny peppered Cory's swimming around the floor of my 29gal tank

I will try to get some pictures. I never saw the eggs, but honestly don't know if id even recognize them.

I'd like to keep them alive, but have no clue what to do. I'll search around on the forum, but if anyone has some tips, id love to hear.

These tiny babies are smaller than a pinky-nail. SO CUTE!!!!!!

Bobby

As best as I can tell, I have 5 or perhaps six tiny peppered Cory's swimming around the floor of my 29gal tank

I will try to get some pictures. I never saw the eggs, but honestly don't know if id even recognize them.

I'd like to keep them alive, but have no clue what to do. I'll search around on the forum, but if anyone has some tips, id love to hear.

Bobby

Keep water parameters excellent. I lost mine by not doing that. Also make sure that they get food. And make sure the food is small enough for them to eat

Bobby

Congratulations! Can't wait to see the pics!

The first time my Cory's mated they ended up eating the eggs. So the second time I scrapped the eggs off with a razor blade (cause they were on the side of the glass) and put them in a separate tank. Added a bubbler and ended up with 25 babies!! Good luck :)

Just re read this they've already hatched sorry about that!! Lol! Can't wait to see the pics!

The first time my Cory's mated they ended up eating the eggs. So the second time I scrapped the eggs off with a razor blade (cause they were on the side of the glass) and put them in a separate tank. Added a bubbler and ended up with 25 babies!! Good luck :)

Did you keep them? I'm wondering what I'll do if this continues...

I did keep them, but they wouldn't stop mating once they started so eventually I had to sell some. They were taking over my tank lol!

I did keep them, but they wouldn't stop mating once they started so eventually I had to sell some. They were taking over my tank lol!

That's kinda my fear. Not sure I want to be in the fish breeding business. I recently re-homed 3 Silver Dollars that outgrew my tank, gave them to a LFS. maybe I could do same with baby cories if they can't control themselves!

Here are some pics. Sorry for the poor image quality. I think it's clear why I'm not a wildlife photographer for National Geographic

Attachments

• image-676241245.jpg
    image-676241245.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 100
  • image-2822285912.jpg
    image-2822285912.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 98
  • image-177859447.jpg
    image-177859447.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 93
  • image-4058513064.jpg
    image-4058513064.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 91
  • image-251493604.jpg
    image-251493604.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 90
  • image-236619656.jpg
    image-236619656.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 85
  • image-2578216975.jpg
    image-2578216975.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 85
Here are some pics. Sorry for the poor image quality. I think it's clear why I'm not a wildlife photographer for National Geographic

Well your pics come out better than any of mine do! Lol, there so cute! And when mine got out of control I sold the babies on craigslist for $3 each, sold quite a few.

At the size they are now its safe to say that they've been getting along without your intervenion. Just feed your cories as usual and they will feed with the others.

I dont have any experience with raising cory fry but ive raised plenty of swordtail fry and quite a few batches have grown without any help from me. They tend to mimic the adults and all my sword fry know im the food source and follow my movements when i get near the tank.

Back
Top Bottom