Omg...fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqualady40

Aquarium Advice Addict
Oh my:eek:, I was getting ready to do my scheduled PWC and noticed alot of aggression from my GBR towards my ghost shrimp and guppies, so, I investigated around the tank and saw a bunch of GBR fry...omg what do I need to do if I want any to live?:eek: Mom and dad are guarding the middle to left side of tank...

Small small foods (green water/micro worms) then switch to baby brine shrimp in a week or two.

GL with them. Haven't had the patience to raise any of my fry.

Depends how much you wanna keep them! Plus if you have space/a future for the resulting GBRs....
you could get a plastic breeder cage (can't reccomend them enough) and net the fry, raise them in there, or let the parents do their thing and lose however many fry in the process.
do you want to keep them? can you? or is it best to let nature do its thing?

I used a fry box, i called it the tank crib for my Kenyi fry for about 8 weeks, and then put them back. I will say this, fry can be exhausting, and if you do not have a place for them in the future, I would not even bother, if you just leave them in the tank as is, I doubt they will survive. I raised 17 fry, and had no where for them to go, then I was scrambling on craigslist and other classifieds to get rid of them, I made some money out of it, but while I had them it was a lot of work to keep up with maintanence and water changes, mostly because my tank was overstocked because of them. I will say this, next time I have fry, I am not going to do a thing.

Yes I have the extra room; however, I have chosen to let nature take its course....and to update this thread...within 24 hours they were all eaten by the parents and the aggression is over, till the next spawn....

Yes I have the extra room; however, I have chosen to let nature take its course....and to update this thread...within 24 hours they were all eaten by the parents and the aggression is over, till the next spawn....

My fry still a live but I thinking to put in back the broken pot to slow down the aggression of the male

Back
Top Bottom