OMG just updated my profile

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joannde

Aquarium Advice Addict
and realized that I have six tanks ! 4 of them are 3 gallons or less, but as we all know those actually need more care then the larger tanks.
And I've only started keeping fish again for 5 months ! LOLOL
..... and lets not forget the 2 20 gallon tanks in waiting.
MTS really struck hard and fast !!!!!!!!!!!!! gotta love it.

MTS is starting to catch up with me as well. pet supplies plus was selling tiny black ghost knives for $10 each. (they had several in the tank, that were starting to beat each other up, as well as dozens of trumpet snails, which the lady said she couldnt give to me for whatever reason)

so im like, the frog can go back to the 10g, and bought *another* ghost knife. i plan on getting a 125 soon...

ROFL - its awful isn't it ??
To think this all started when I decided I wanted cichlids - then realized that a 29G wasn't big enough. That large tank is yet to come .... I'm thinking 250 Gallons should do it LOLOLOL

mts

Not awful at all!!!!!! It's wonderful!!!! A madness perhaps, but such a fine madness. :lol: Okay, either too much or not enough caffine.

That sounds familiar about the cichlids. We started off wanting a tank of mbuna, even had a preliminary stocking planned. Now the house has 6 tanks, and the only cichlid is an angel. rofl

lol, i started with a small pond, then i got a bigger one. Then i set up a 10gal as a QT for a pond fish i had(which sadly died) so i made it a coldwater community. Then i needed a tank to keep pond fish in for the winter. Then i got a newt which had feeder guppies in the water of his 50/50 tank so then i bought a 2gal for them. One betta has always been there(for almost four years now). Then i got a 5gal for my fancy guppies, moved them into the 10gal and got a dwarf puffer for the 5gal. My parents say that that the 5gal would be my last but now they are getting me a 55gal for christmas!!

It really does catch up with you fast!!

It's bad when your other half works in a fish shop....
Ther is 1 240 gal FWT discus display tank wit community fish, 2BGK and plecs.
1 120 gal FWT saratoga tank
1 55 gal SW FWLR
1 55 gal FWT QT
1 15 gal SW QT
1 100 gal long breeder for BN at my work.
and a 60 gal pond outside for my feeders.... koi and goldfish for my sara. and occational shrimp.

It all started out about 4 years ago when i wanted to have an oscar...........I could go for pages......

I'll have 8 by the end of November when the 2 20s get set up.

I'm really impressed by the ability of folks to maintain multiple hugh tanks - the small tanks are relatively easy. A simple vac into a 2 gallon pail and a refill - the whole process takes less than 5 minutes. I couldn't imagine trying to keep up with more than one tank over 55G. Very impressive indeed.

On the other hand, I do have the dog and the budgie that need more daily interaction so I'm pretty busy with all my "kids" in that way.

I had 11 @ 1 stage. but moved up to bigger tanks and sold the smaller ones.
Oh i have a dog and 5 ferrets. 1 of witch gave birth again 3 weeks ago to 6 babies. 8O

LOL I know what you mean. I have been into this hobby for 18 months and had 10 tanks by 9 months. MTS takes on quickly.

Trotty - ferrets are cute, but I got bitten by one once ... OUCH - actually the bite itself didn't hurt (their teeth are so sharp you really dont feel it) but it felt like multiple paper cuts afterwards. I still like them tho. the babies must be soooooooooo cute.

Re: mts

JeffreyL said:
We started off wanting a tank of mbuna, even had a preliminary stocking planned. Now the house has 6 tanks, and the only cichlid is an angel. rofl

hahahahahahahahahahaha

My uncle has over 15 tanks! I think I got MTS from him too! Mine is still growing... It's like you need one room for just fish tanks, then have at LEAST 1 tank in EACH room ;)

I have 6 set up now and am planning 2 more. I also have 3 tanks in storage that I won't have room to set up. LOL

Back
Top Bottom