Omg omg omg i found 1!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Etunes

Aquarium Advice Addict
I found a peacock eel. I am so Happy. :BIG: I got him for 10 bucks, how crazy awesome is that.

All the other species of spiny eels get to 3' and i dont have the room for a 300g tank for 1. So i wanted 1 of these as they max out about 8" but i never seen 1, tell now. :) He said it came in on accident with the fire and tire track eel.

There is a new LFS in the area and thay have GREAT prices and they have not a huge stock but it is full of thing you NEVER see. I found atleast 4 things there that i have never seen sold here and my dad says he has not seen them in years. If you are ever in or near fort myres go to a reef center. BTW there SW stock was filled with things i have never seen before.

Here he is below acclimating. I released him and he went to hiding. So more pics of him later.

dscf3682.jpg

Very nice eel! Sounds like a great LFS.

Ya, he is awesome. He is all over the place and curious when ever i get close. I forgot to mention in my excitement i got a nickel sized baby angelfish. He is cute and acclimating well.

Oh neat! I personally would be too scared of eels to own one (I've heard they get out) but I love looking at them. Awesome find! :)

Oh neat! I personally would be too scared of eels to own one (I've heard they get out) but I love looking at them. Awesome find! :)

This is a understatement. It takes allot of trial and error some times to keep them in. You just got to hope you find them before they die if they get out.

This is a understatement. It takes allot of trial and error some times to keep them in. You just got to hope you find them before they die if they get out.

Oh boy!
Yeah, I don't see eels in my future at any point.
They're still really neat though. :)
Have you named him?

Sadly i dont name fish. But he is a 1 of a kind. When he gets in the 75g i wont be able to find him. lol. When i turned of the lights last night i decided to break the flash light out as they are really active at night. He was digging in the sand. This sand is awesome.

lol . My son had two of them. They are very hardy if you can keep him in the tank. Best result we had was placing screening across the entire top. ( his would come up the down pour from the filter.) water flows thru without any difficulty.

Back
Top Bottom