Omg tired of floating debris!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
My tank has been running for a year now and I swear I have floating particles every single day. I have a protein skimmer and just added a canister for just mechanical filtration and hooking up a surface skimmer. Don't worry I clean it often. I siphon my sand and I also don't have any sand sifters or even a pistol shrimp. I am at my wits end. Ready to snatch this sand out. My power head is not even blowing the sand so I have no idea where these particles are coming from. I bought some Kent Marine Clear but scared to use it. HELP!!!

Care to post a picture? It sounds line you are doing everything correctly. What is the media you are using for mechanical filtration?

Care to post a picture? It sounds line you are doing everything correctly. What is the media you are using for mechanical filtration?

I have the biggest canister filter rated for 150 gallons on this tank. That's just how tired I am of this debris.

do you have a sump, also what kind of bottom do you have, fine sand ect., if it is suspended particulate, then the power filter should take it out, but once you turn off the filter, and it comes back, you need to find out where it is coming from.

U should put Cotten from Dollor store in the filter to remove the particles .just like they sell in the store micro pads but cheaper.just make sure the Cotten has nothing on it.cant go wrong there and how's ur skimmer.

Back
Top Bottom