OMG!! What a day! I could use some advice, please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldn't add anything to your water, especially during a cycle. Just get assassin snails.

It looks like the bb are taking care of some of the ammonia. That's good. I wish I could tell you more about this, but I don't know much about it. I think you can put hydrogen peroxide in the tank to kill some snails, but you should do some research on that, as I don't know much about it. And, assassin snails eat snails, so some of those might help.

Try plucking the snails out by hand. When buying plants, dip them in a hydrogen peroxide dip to kill any snails/eggs. I have had a problem with Malaysian Trumpet Snails in the past. I didn't treat plants that I bought and I got the mts. Bought some assassin snails and they are keeping the mts in check. I'm not sure if they will go after pond snails though.

Try plucking the snails out by hand. When buying plants, dip them in a hydrogen peroxide dip to kill any snails/eggs. I have had a problem with Malaysian Trumpet Snails in the past. I didn't treat plants that I bought and I got the mts. Bought some assassin snails and they are keeping the mts in check. I'm not sure if they will go after pond snails though.

I have some assassins in my 20 they go after the pond snails first. Before the mts and ramshorns.

Update:

Joe and Marley shrimp are still alive! Not only that, they are thriving! They are eating like piggies and growing. They've molted once and I think they're due to molt again.

I haven't done anything about the snails yet. They're still small and pretty cute actually.

Update:

Joe and Marley shrimp are still alive! Not only that, they are thriving! They are eating like piggies and growing. They've molted once and I think they're due to molt again.

I haven't done anything about the snails yet. They're still small and pretty cute actually.

Exciting adventure you have my friend, i would like to ask, what do you mean by molted?
(not that i know anything about shrimps etc just curious )

Exciting adventure you have my friend, i would like to ask, what do you mean by molted?
(not that i know anything about shrimps etc just curious )

Outgrowing there extoskeleton so they shed it and hide untill the new one hardens up.

What do you mean by molted?

Shrimp have an exoskeleton. It's like a hard armor covering their entire body. As they grow, they bust out of their exoskeleton as it becomes too small, and they make a new, larger one.

It's kind of like when a snake sheds its skin.

It's pretty cool. :)

Sounds very interesting :)
I will do some research on it and maybe and 1 or something ...

Back
Top Bottom