One bad evening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheapeeper

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well the neighbor kids were over playing with my son tonight they are ages 5 and 6. Well about an hour after they left I noticed like half a can of fish food at the bottom of my Black Convict tank. it covered nearly the whole bottom of the tank. Son says he doesn't know who did it.
Anyways I had to vacuum out the gravel add more water and vacuum some more in oder to clean out all the food.
Then top it off when I was done with that I notice the temp in the tank was at about 95 degrees. I was like OMG!!! So I then got it back down to about 80.
Well with all that the fish are doing fine and swimming all around as if nothing had happened. Thank God!!
Oh I was so mad at the kids they were just lucky they were gone when I noticed it or they would be hurting right now. I swear I was soooo mad.
What a night.

did you put too hot of water or was it the heater? good catch and save before any real damage could happen. always hide food lol

Back
Top Bottom