one bad guy?,and 2 id's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reneeanneb

Aquarium Advice Regular
hello me again (i know sigh) more pics
1st i know i've seen before,some else found one of these they are bad?
2nd guy showed up this morning
3rd guy not a good pic but i think someone else described one of these,white ,looks like a worm black tip swimming around after lights out
thanx i know everyone is getting tired of me. :roll:

Attachments

• dsc00194.jpg
    dsc00194.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 128
  • dsc00184.jpg
    dsc00184.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 123
  • dsc00192.jpg
    dsc00192.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 132
The top pic, maybe a baby bristleworm, second, I have no idea, third could be a peanut worm. :?

the third guy is red and has what looks like hairs all over one end.i found him under the gravel.
the first guy is white he doent look like a bristle worm (i have a bunch of them)and he is squiggly when he swims with a black tip on the end,looks maybe like a tail,i think the light shocked him he swam around for a minute before shooting back in his rock.he was neat looking though.
the one in the middle is mia this morning.think maybe something got him?and it looks like my last snail may have died.he is motionless on the bottom next to a rock. :(

After seeing the pic in your other post, I think the third guy is a spaghetti worm.

i called the pet store to see if he could tell me where the rock came from but he doesnt know.he said they wouldn't give him a positive answer.
now this worm is just wierd to me if it is a spaghetti worm it has one large one and then all the hair looking things are more? i'm confused.lol looks like a worm with a wig on to me. 8O

The hairs are what it uses to collect food. Let me see if I can find a decent pic with some info for you.

lets see if i can figure out how to put a link in here,if this works.
if so the 7th picture down the one in the middle,thats what it looks like except the hairs are longer and on one end of his body when he is streched out,right not he is all bunched up so the hairs are all around him. is he good or bad or should i jus flush him to be on the safe side?
http://www.wetwebmedia.com/polychaeidfaqs.htm

Well, that thing on wetwebmedia is a bristleworm and a nice scavenger. Maybe you have a fireworm? The 9th picture down on the link you sent has some fireworms. The pic you sent really looks more like a spaghetti or medusa worm though. With the threads on the lower half. If you can idenify it as a fireworm, you probably will want to remove it. Otherwise, if it is a bristleworm or a spaghetti, medusa worm, keep it.

i've google'd it to death looking at every worm i can find.the only thing i can find that looks like it is a spaghetti worm but i haven't found one that is red.the pic i was refering to in the link is the one with 3 red colored worms .it resembles the one in the middle. :?

I have one of those white wormy, eely things in my tank like your top picture!!! I would love to know what it is!!! Good job getting a picture of it!! It is difficult...if it is like mine...he moves REAL fast!

Any other guesses on the top picture?

WC

WhiteCloud said:
I have one of those white wormy, eely things in my tank like your top picture!!! I would love to know what it is!!! Good job getting a picture of it!! It is difficult...if it is like mine...he moves REAL fast!

Any other guesses on the top picture?

WC
i dont know what it is but i remember your post describing him,he moves way too fast to get a clear picture,hopefully he'll get bigger and i can get a better shot.i dont think it's an eel,i would think they would be longer,even when they're this small.but i dont think its a worm either. but what do i know i'm new to all these creatures. :?

Fluff said:
reneeanneb said:
the only thing i can find that looks like it is a spaghetti worm but i haven't found one that is red.

spaghetti worms can be red.
see! i learn something new everyday from you guys.everytime i find something new and call the pet store he says it's some type of eel (he's stuck on eels :roll: )i dunno how he thinks a red wormy thing with hairs all over one end would describe an eel?he said the bristle worms were eels too :roll:
now for his defense he did have a moray eel in a piece if lr it was in his tank for a long time before he sold it.
thanks for all your help :D

Back
Top Bottom