One Bolivian Ram???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmny34

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is one Bolivian Ram ok by itself? I have a 30 gallon tank with 1 bolivian ram, 1 angelfish, 5 long finned danios, 8 harlequin rasboras, 2 otos, and 1 amano shrimp.

My ram is a female. Should I add a male?

My other question would be if I dont add a male could I add a balloon gold ram? Would the bolivian and balloon gold be fine in a 30 gallon?

I'm actually going to add a Bolivian ram except in a 36 bow front with a angelfish and a school of neon tetras

Is it ok to have just one bolivian ram? Or are they much better off with a mate?? Is it ok to keep fast swimming fish like danios and harlequin rasboras with a bolivian ram? Or can the fast swimmers stress the rams by swimming in there territory all the time??

The reason I'm asking all of these questions is because it looks like my ram is going to die and I don't know why!!! My water is perfect. Please can someone answer my questionS.

One ram will do just fine and the other fish won't stress it.

Yea I figured out the problem!! I must have had a mini cycle because for some reason I had about .25-.50 ammonia in the tank. Hopefully I caught it soon enough and she'll make it!!!

I did a 50% WC last night. This morning there wasn't any ammonia and ill check later again and do another partial WC if needed!

Rams are often kept with Angelfish and are not known for fin nipping. At one time I had 11 rams and 14 angels in a 220g.

Back
Top Bottom