One finnex Planted plus 24/7 on a 40B?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass95

Aquarium Advice Freak
The height of the 40B is 16 inches. Substrate will be eco complete, 3 bags of 20lbs. Which will be about 2 inches and I will be dosing seachem excel for co2. Will one finnex 24/7 be med lighting? Also would downoi, star repens, bacopa caroliniana, alternanthera reineckii "pink", and pygmy chain sword be able to grow? I will also dose ferts.

It would grow all those fine. You may see issues in the A. reinekii though. It's one of the tougher plants and really needs high lighting.

Caleb

You're looking at medium-high lighting there (around 50-60 PAR). So yes you should grow those pretty well.

I've actually heard that AR isn't too hard to grow and that it will do fine in low-medium light if it's given a good supply of co2. Without pressurized co2 it will probably get algae. Downoi may be a problem also but the rest will be fine.

Is there another red plant that is easier to grow?

Ammania gracilis, hygrophila araguia, and hygrophila Polysperma "sunset" or "Rosanervig" are reddish and will tolerate low-medium light. Ammania is most hit or miss from what I hear. Tom Barr likes the araguia and the Hygro poly. Sunset is a weed. Awesome plant.

Back
Top Bottom