One fish eats...the other stops.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ogden10

Aquarium Advice Freak
Man, does anyone else ever feel like you are negotiating with angry children when you add a new fish to the tank.

I added my Zebra Moray two days ago, and have been giving him time to adjust. Figured what the heck, and decided to try feeding him tonight, mainly to get him out of the rockwork so my son could see him.

Much to my surprise he ate like a champ, bunch of Mysis and was even nice enough to eat from my hand.

So then I go on to feed my big-ol angler, who has been eating like a champ for months now....no go. Not even remotely interested in Mysis, or silversides. You have got to be kidding me.

What you think? Temper tantrum is my thought. Wonder how long an angler can go on hunger strike for?

Heres a pic for fun, not great as it was taken with my phone, but hard to juggle feeding stick and a camera at the same time. Really weird angle on the angler. Combination of the glass and the way I was holding the phone make him look weirder then he already does!

Attachments

• CIMG0090.jpg
    CIMG0090.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 87
possibly, Ialways hear about letting the new fish adjust to the tank but you never hear about the fish alread in the tank adjusting to the new addition...your anglers natural defense is to freeze, maybe the addition of the eel has him a little spooked so he decided it be safer if he just blends in

Yeah I think he just gets overwhelmed while the eel is eating. If I feed him at a separate time he eats no problem.

Back
Top Bottom